Weekly Happenings May 1 to May 8
As noted last week, now that the Zoom function on our website has been fixed, we are now transitioning to using the calendar as intended. There will be one more week of email reminders but the Zoom link will not be included. Rather, you will be directed to the website.
Here’s how to find Zoom links for events at kcc.org :
- Click on the Full Calendar link at the top right-hand corner of any webpage.
- Click on the event you want to attend.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page to find the “Connect to Zoom” button which will appear 15 minutes before the start of the session. (You may need to refresh your browser)
You can also add the event to your Google calendar by clicking on the Google icon. Then 15 minutes before the session, click on the event link and scroll to the bottom to find the “Connect to Zoom” button. Or you can save the links for recurring events and put them on your own calendar.
For full instructions, please read How to find Zoom links on our home page.
Thank you for making this transition to using our website! We will be encouraging you to visit the website often to view articles and announcements and explore all the information in the webpages. There are many helpful resources for our practices, links for past recordings, and even some history of KCC. Enjoy your exploration!
NEWS & Information
- On May 7th at 7:00 PM, Sattva Social Club presents First Friday Movie Night . We will highlight a beautiful documentary called Precious Guru: Journey into the Wild Heart of the Second Buddha. The film traces the spiritual life and legacy of the eighth century Buddhist tantric master Padmasambhava. Popularly known as Guru Rinpoche, Padmasambhava was a key figure in the transmission of the teachings of Vajrayana Buddhism from India across the Himalaya via Nepal to Tibet, Bhutan and Mongolia. Enjoy the trailer here.
- Garden Work Party at the Portland Center on May 8, 1:00-3:00pm. If anyone has shade plants or native plants to share, feel free to bring them to integrate into our budding KCC gardens (run larger plants by Amy at email@example.com)
- Individual Retreats at Ser Chö Ösel Ling will continue through August. Please contact Sarah or Chehale at SCOL.KCC@gmail.com for availability and more information.