Lama Michael Conklin – Meditations and Discussions
Lama Michael Conklin served as KCC’s Resident Lama from 1993 until 2019.
This page presents synopses of guided meditations and dharma discussions he conducted at KCC with links to videos and transcripts.
Many thanks to Cynthia Huntington who developed and painstakingly edited the transcripts.
New Years Retreat – 1 January 2017
- Session 1 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: occasionally assess practice, Carrying Practice: instruction for calm abiding with breath 24/7.
- Session 2 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: relying on sources of refuge, transition from contemplate to meditate.
- Session 3 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: visualize all beings present, aspire to be of benefit.
- Session 4 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: ism’s and awakened mind, setting & holding intention, Carrying Practice: really short sessions in daily life (reasons and methods), placing and holding, simple methods that evolve into profound, working with relative & ultimate, story of crying bodhisattva, about taking refuge.
New Years Retreat – 31 December 2016
- Session 1 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: working with experience as it unfolds, shamatha instructions for posture and breath, working with distractions.
- Session 2 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: many short sessions, working with physical sensations, Bodhicitta Prayer details.
- Session 3 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: equanimity, visualizing all beings.
- Session 4 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: omniscience and interdependence, importance of not knowing, aspirational bodhicitta, Carrying Practice: enhance Bodhicitta in small simple ways, simple yet profound mahayana teachings, the need to write down our questions, view of uninterrupted continuum, Carrying Practice: with unbounded view (supermarket teaching), Carrying Practice: reading to encourage 3 wisdoms.
- Session 5 – Video | Transcript | Synopsis: Aspiration for Mahamudra intro comments.