December 10, 11:15 am - 12:30 pm
Held in-person at KCC’s Portland Center and on Zoom. A link to ZOOM will appear on this event webpage 15-minutes prior to the start time. If the link doesn’t appear, please try refreshing your browser.
In this session, we’ll give you information about:
- The history, lineage, and teachers of KCC;
- The practice and study opportunities offered by KCC;
- Fundamental principles of Buddhism;
- Basic sitting meditation practice, including a short, guided session; and
- How to participate at KCC.
The session is intended for individuals who are either unfamiliar with Buddhist practice or are new to KCC. All are welcome and invited to attend.
Additionally, persons new to KCC are welcome to attend any drop-in meditation or special event; attending the Newcomers Session is not required.