Month-Long Personal Retreat at SCOL
June 17 - July 16
SCOL Month-Long Personal Retreat June 17-July 16 (other length-of-stay options available now!)
We are pleased to announce plans to host a one-month retreat at SCOL, our retreat land, from June 17 to July 16, 2022. Our sangha is rich with practitioners with varying degrees of experience and exposure to the dharma, but opportunities to do an extended retreat are rare. If you have some retreat experience and wish to deepen your practice we encourage you to consider taking advantage of this opportunity.
Since the primary intention of the retreat is to support deepening of personal practice, most of the time will be spent doing independent practice in one’s room. As a complement to this, the group will come together for a group session each day. Lama Eric plans to be on site for much of the retreat to offer group and individual guidance. Others may also assist in this role.
To benefit from this retreat it is recommended that participants have some previous retreat experience that includes both group and personal retreat. Regardless of experience, each participant will create an individualized practice plan – either by themselves or in consultation with an advisor – to create a structure for their retreat.
For those who do not have much experience with meditation retreat, it is recommended to gradually gather experience, beginning with weekend and week-long retreats in a group, then beginning to practice on one’s own, at first for a few days, and then incrementally adding to the duration of the retreat.
The number of participants for this retreat will be limited to 16 participants in single occupancy cabins only , allowing for a spacious environment to support this longer retreat.
Meals and Chores
Three vegetarian meals will be served daily. Retreatants are expected to contribute up to one hour per day toward chores that will be done during the three meal breaks.
Retreat Application process
Retreat applicants should fit the following qualifications:
- Be able to practice independently for the duration of their retreat.
- Be willing to commit to the daily retreat schedule beginning at 6:00am and concluding with evening group practice.
To apply, please do the following:
- Create a plan for your retreat; if you are new to personal retreat, please work with your current mentor to develop a suitable plan or submit your retreat plan to Lama Eric. Those who have done personal retreat at SCOL in the past need not seek review for their plans.
- Choose from the available options. We are now offering from one to four-week retreats, with all retreats beginning on a Friday. Please see pricing below. Financial assistance is available for a 50% discount. Please contact the Financial Assistance Team at .
- More logistical detail will be sent to participants following registration.
One month: $1450 (Jun 17-Jul 16)
Three weeks: $1200 (Jun 17-Jul 8 or Jun 24-Jul 15)
Two weeks: $950 (Jun 17-Jul 1 or Jun 24-Jul 8 or Jul 1-Jul 15)
One week: $600 (begin Jun 17, Jun 24, Jul 1, Jul 8)
6:00 – Early Session
7:30 – Breakfast
9:00 – Morning Session I
10:30 – Tea
11:00 – Morning Session II
12:15 – Lunch
2:00 – Afternoon Session I
3:30 – Tea
4:00 – Afternoon Session II
5:30 – Dinner
7:00 – Evening Group Session
At KCC we look forward to continuing to offer practice opportunities to support practitioners at all levels of development. Contact Linda Grove () with any questions.