- This event has passed.
Mahamudra and Yidam Seminar 2022
September 18 - September 26
The Bokar International Mahamudra Seminar, initiated by Bokar Rinpoche in 1992, offers a multi-year program of meditation practice designed for modern lay students. The seminars gradually introduce the contemplations and meditation methods of the Mahamudra path for individuals who aspire to a life of spiritual practice. Instructions for the Yidam practice will also be offered for those who have completed the requisite five years of practice commitments of the Mahamudra program. More information about the seminars and the practices can be found here.
The 2022 seminar will be led by Khenpo Rinpoche, the successor of Bokar Rinpoche and abbot of Bokar Monastery. This seminar was first scheduled for 2020 in Ibiza but was postponed due to the pandemic.
Dates and Time (local Ibiza, Spain time): From Sunday, September 18 (at 6:00 am) to Monday, September 26 (at 8:00 am), 2022
Location: A lovely hotel on Ibiza, at the edge of the sea.
Conditions for Participation:
- Having previously taken the refuge vow or will be taking it at the seminar
- Willingness to commit to an annual schedule of daily meditation practice
For the seminar itself (not including lodging), we offer 5 possibilities of support:
- Basic: 150 euros
- Support: 250 euros
- Turquoise benefactor: 350 euros
- Coral benefactor: 500 euros
- Diamond benefactor: 1000 euros
Your contribution is necessary to cover the expenses of the seminar including travel and lodging for the lamas coming from India (Khenpo Rinpoche will be accompanied by four lamas), the lodging of other participating lamas, offerings, and many other expenses. When you register, there is an option to direct your extra support towards one of the participating lamas. If more funds are donated than are required, the excess will be donated to Bokar Monastery.
You need to both register for the seminar and book your hotel room online (see below).
To facilitate the organization of the seminar, it’s essential that you register as soon as possible.
For more information, you can contact: Anna Maso +34 625075478 / or Elena Ribas at +34 696406204. (Elena’s English is a bit better.)
Online Seminar Registration
To register go to the link: https://forms.gle/MNKwz7vT6v8XMLhL9
- Fill the fields with your information. The form may be slightly confusing since it is in Spanish. For example, there are two lines for your email address. Fill in both—one says email, the other says Correo electronico. Under Apellido y nombre, write your name, last name and then first name. For your telephone number, include the country code (1 for US).
- Select the type of participation (amount of donation).
- If you would like, select the lama from the list on the registration form that you would like to help and select the amount. Selecting “no tengo preferencia” will allow the organizers the flexibility to cover the expenses of Lama Eric and others not mentioned on the list.
- The form says to complete payment by bank transfer, however as non-European participants we will pay for the seminar upon arrival. The payments to the organizers will need to be in cash in Euros. This will require changing money locally in Spain or bringing a debit card along for withdrawals from ATMs. It is wise to check the details of your credit/debit card for foreign transaction fees and cash advance fees as these can sometimes unexpectedly mount up.
The lodging and teachings will be in a lovely hotel next to the sea. We will stay in two hotels: Hotel Club Cala Blanca and Hotel Club Cala Verde. The teachings will be held at the Cala Blanca. The Cala Verde is about a 10 minute walk. If you are young and have good health, perhaps you could select the Cala Verde. (Note: there is about a 2 Euro difference in price between the hotels.)
When choosing your room, you also choose a meal plan. The prices below reflect the most basic room (Superior Double) and three meals per day:
- Double: from 69.50 euros/night/person
- Individual: from 111.20 euros /night/person
- To this a tourist fee of 2 or 3 euros/day/person will added on site.
Contrary to the instructions on the online seminar registration form, non-European participants will make reservations directly with the hotel according to the instructions below. No need to wait for a reply from the registrar with a personal link.
Making Hotel Reservations
The seminar organizers have negotiated discounted prices for you, but they are not directly involved in the reservation of rooms. If you would like to share a double with someone else, ask (kcc person) about this. Make your room arrangements directly with the hotel at the link below:
Go to: https://www.invisahoteles.com/en/
Read Carefully: Just below upper menu buttons there is a row of options for you to choose: the hotel, your dates, occupancy, and promotion code.
Hotel: Choose either Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde or Invisa Hotel Club Cala Blanca. The teachings will be at Cala Blanca, but all cannot stay there. Please consider Cala Verde if you are able to walk up to 10 min. to your room.
Dates: Decide when you want to arrive and leave. Remember that it begins at 6 a.m. on the 18th.
Occupancy: select 1 or 2.
Promotional code: MAHAMUDRA22
Many rooms and their prices will be displayed and all of them are eligible for the seminar. Choose your room and “Full Board” if you want three meals per day. Once you click “Add” on the right, you will be asked if you need a shuttle from the airport and will enter your personal details. The website says that there is free cancellation up to 7 days before the beginning of the reservation.