KCC Seven-Day Personal Retreat at SCOL
July 26, 5:30 pm - August 1, 10:00 am
Please Note: The end of July is one of the hottest times of year at SCOL and temperatures can range into the 100s. The cabins, dining area, and shrine spaces are not air conditioned. Please bring a fan(s) with you. Evenings generally cool down considerably.
We begin our exploration of opening SCOL for retreats with a week-long personal retreat beginning July 26. Participation is available for the entire week only.
KCC’s Personal Retreat provides an opportunity for individuals who have only participated in weekend retreats to do a weeklong personal retreat in a supportive group environment. Individuals who have not attended KCC’s Personal Retreat before will need to have approval from one of the mentors listed below under “To Apply” and have a specific plan for retreat worked out in conjunction with their mentor.
Practice Schedule and Teacher Support
Retreatants will follow a common schedule for practice sessions and will gather for an evening group session to recite aspiration prayers. Lama Eric will be onsite and primarily engaged in his own retreat, though there may be some designated times for an interview.
*Daily schedule listed below.
Meals and Chores
Three vegetarian meals will be served daily. Retreatants are expected to contribute a half- to one hour per day toward chores that will be done during the three meal breaks.
There will be 16 single-occupancy-only cabins available so that practitioners will have personal space for their practice. Camping is unavailable for this retreat.
$700 – Your extra contribution allows us to make this retreat available to those who would not otherwise be able to attend
$600 – Suggested donation
$500 – Reduced level
$400 – Reduced level
$300 – Reduced level
Retreat Application Process – Registration Deadline: July 20th
Retreat applicants should fit the following qualifications:
- Be able to practice independently for the duration of their retreat.
- Be willing to commit to the daily retreat schedule beginning at 6:00am and concluding with evening group practice.
- Be fully vaccinated. Although Covid-19 transmission has decreased, due to the persistence of the virus individuals must be fully vaccinated to participate in this retreat. All registrations must include a photo of the applicant’s Covid-19 Vaccination ID Card.
To apply, please do the following:
- Create a plan for your retreat; if you are new to personal retreat, please email Lama Chimey (email@example.com), Peter Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Zopa Herron (email@example.com) with “KCC Retreat” in the Subject Line to contact them to discuss a retreat plan.
- Those who have done personal retreat at SCOL in the past need not seek review for their plans.
- Register now. You will be asked to submit a photo of your Covid-19 vaccination ID card.
More logistical detail will be sent to participants following registration.
Daily ScheduleAM6:00 – Early Session
7:30 – Breakfast
9:00 – Morning Session I
10:30 – Tea
11:00 – Morning Session IIPM12:15 – Lunch
2:00 – Afternoon Session I
3:30 – Tea
4:00 – Afternoon Session II
5:30 – Dinner
7:00 – Evening Group Session