WHAT: All KCC Activities now being Zoomed. For the time being, Vimeo will be used only to house our video archive.
WHEN: Program timing remains the same. Please check our calendar for days and times of all our events.
HOW: Instructions for using Zoom follow.
Details follow - please read on!
WHAT: All KCC Activities now being Zoomed*
Effective immediately, all programs will be broadcast exclusively via Zoom, a videoconferencing application.
- We will no longer use Vimeo to livestream KCC events and activities - for the time being.
- We will continue to use Vimeo as our archive for video-recorded sessions and events (including activities taking place via Zoom).
We will continue to send the Zoom meeting link through email@example.com. If you are not on that email list and would like to join, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every Friday you will receive a list of the upcoming week's events including the recurring Zoom link.
*NOTE: Links will be sent to the kcc-livestream address for all regular activities except the Death & Dying Study Group. Participation in this study group is open to all, but the Zoom meetings are done by password-protected invitation email. Anyone interested in participating should contact Mike or Miriam Maier at email@example.com.
WHEN: Same time, except for new activities listed below!
The KCC schedule has not changed.
Continue to use the event listing or calendar you are accustomed to using to keep abreast of KCC activities — the calendar, 2020 Program Schedule, front page event listings.
(HOW: Zooming instructions below)
HOW: Instructions for Zooming
Two hours before the meeting begins, the Zoom link for connecting to the meeting will be emailed. Click that link, then:
- If you've never used zoom before, the link will direct you to download a free app - this is quick and integrated with the app launching process.
- There are two important audio settings:
a) You must sign in for audio and video (those options pop up); and
b) If your computer is hooked up via bluetooth to an external speaker (ie, for listening to music) the bluetooth connection on your computer must be disabled.
- When you sign in, your microphone will be muted. You may temporarily unmute -
a) by holding down your spacebar; or
b) by placing your cursor over the bottom left-hand corner of the screen (or may be above the screen) and clicking on the microphone symbol.
- Please remain muted unless speaking so as to eliminate background noise heard by the activity leader and other participants.
- Feel free to share and unshare the video of your lovely face!
You may watch a one-minute video tutorial on joining a meeting by following this link.
We have researched this widely and feel confident that the steps we have taken to set up the Zoom meeting - in addition to the new updates zoom has instituted - are sufficient to prevent 'Zoombombing.' For your own protection, we recommend you update your Zoom App frequently; updates are not done automatically.