For people interested in learning about KCC, we offer an introductory session for newcomers once a month, each third Thursday from 7:30pm-9:30pm. The session will provide an introduction to Buddhist sitting meditation and an overview of the resources and practices of KCC.
The session covers:
- History, lineage, and teachers of the Center
- Practice and study opportunities offered by KCC
- Fundamental principles of Buddhism
- Basic sitting meditation practice
- How to participate in KCC
The class is intended for individuals who are either unfamiliar with Buddhist practice or are new to KCC.