KCC is settling in to our new address at 4936 NE Skidmore St in Portland after decades of effort. Everyone’s invited to celebrate our beautiful new home.
Bring your families and friends. Invite people you know from other sanghas.
- Tours of the building every hour, on the half hour
- Community Sit for Mindfulness in the tent outside (weather permitting) from 1:00 to 5:00 pm with four guided practice sessions. All are invited to sit for as little or as long as feels right to them.
- Sale of used Dharma books and items
- Bake Sale because our sangha has THE BEST BAKERS
- Celebratory toast and roast to thank all those who have worked so hard to make our new home a reality.
To learn how to contribute to the Dharma Sale or Bake Sale, gather donations for KCC, or volunteer to help with our Grand Celebration, click on the Read More link.How can you be involved and help make this event a success? Let us count the ways:
- Attend the Grand Celebration, and encourage your friends and families to drop by too.
- Donate used Dharma books and items to the Dharma Sale. Bring donations to KCC on Sunday, October 15th, between 11 am and 6:00 pm, or contact Linda Grove at email@example.com to arrange a specific appointment for delivery during the week of October 12 through 16.
- Sign on to contribute something yummy for the Bake Sale by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 10th at the latest. Please use “Bake Sale” as the subject line in the email.
- Ask those in your circles of relatives, friends and colleagues to “sponsor” your service at KCC by making a donation. There are many people who wish to practice or participate in the Dharma and can’t right now. This is a lovely way for them to accumulate merit. (By way of example, much of what we have accomplished at SCOL has been supported by donations from people who are not part of KCC.) You can frame this however it works for you: Someone could sponsor one of your on-going volunteer efforts, your sit-a-thon during the afternoon, or the service that KCC brings by offering the Dharma free-of-charge. For donation materials, contact Brooke Huffman at jbrookehuffmanND@gmail.com or Linda Besant at email@example.com.
- It’s easy to do one or two of the things above, AND volunteer for part of the day. Contact jbrookehuffmanND@gmail.com to sign up to help the day of the Celebration. Many hands make light work!
May all beings benefit!