KCC is a Vajrayana Buddhist center founded by the venerable Kalu Rinpoche where the authentic teachings of the Karma and Shangpa Kagyu lineages are taught, practiced, and supported.
The function of KCC as an institution is to support practitioners in their process of spiritual awakening.
The emphasis in the training is on the cultivation of insight and compassion in both formal practice and in daily life.
A Preamble for the KCC Vision Statement (dated material; to be revised 2020)
Kagyu Changchub Chuling is currently experiencing the challenges of growth and evolution. Not only is interest and participation in the center growing, but the needs of the Sangha are evolving as new members join and long time practitioners explore new dimensions of Dharma practice. Existing facilities and current programs simply do not meet all the needs of our Sangha today. They also limit the ability of the center to accommodate any additional growth in the future. On top of this, the time pressures on our resident Lama continue to grow making it more difficult to provide appropriate personal guidance to practitioners. As the center evolves to meet these challenges we are faced on one hand with the inviting prospect of a richer environment to support our practice. On the other side, we share concerns that the current qualities of the center that we cherish may be compromised. This is the ground from which our vision arises.
A Statement of Vision for Kagyu Changchub Chuling
Kagyu Changchub Chuling will provide teachings, programs, and facilities to make the Dharma accessible to individuals at all stages of life and all levels of practice and will cultivate a fertile ground for the emergence of teachers of the Dharma.
- To meet the diverse needs of the Sangha, the Resident Lama and assistant teachers will provide a full spectrum of opportunities for study practice and personal guidance. There will be programs appropriate for different age groups, levels of understanding, and a range of intensity of practice.
- To ensure the transmission of the heart of the Dharma, KCC will continue to work with the masters of the lineage to bring the teachings to life in our culture.
- To maintain an atmosphere conducive to practice, KCC will sustain an environment of dedication, integrity, warmth, and good humor where all members of the Sangha feel connected and mutually supported.
- To bring the Dharma into the fabric of our lives, KCC will commemorate major life transitions and will honor the Dharma with celebrations and ritual.
- To accommodate growth, KCC will acquire a new urban center which permits regular gathering of the entire Sangha.
- To support more intensive training and practice, KCC will acquire retreat facilities in a rural setting which can accommodate concurrent individual and group retreats of various lengths.